Some of country music’s most authentic voices pay tribute to the enduring legacy of Lynyrd Skynyrd with Sweet Home Alabama – The Country Music Tribute To Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Balancing the band’s bedrock southern rock and outlaw country roots, Sweet Home Alabama – The Country Music Tribute To Lynyrd Skynyrd is a distinctive collection of many of the band’s most iconic tracks by artists including Eric Church, Randy Houser, Shooter Jennings, Jamey Johnson, Uncle Kracker, Randy Montana, Ashley Ray and Eli Young Band. The album was produced by Jay Joyce.
Houser delivers a soulful rendition of “Simple Man,” while Eli Young Band offers up a raucous version of “Three Steps,” both from Lynyrd Skynyrd’s groundbreaking debut. Johnson keeps with tradition on the dobro-laced “Four Walls of Raiford,” and Church’s smoky vocals are front and center on the powerfully evocative tale, “The Ballad of Curtis Loew.” The 8-song compilation will be released exclusively through Wal-Mart stores on July 20.
More than 25 years after the release of their debut album (pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd), Lynyrd Skynyrd’s legacy remains irrefutable. The band has cataloged over 60 albums with sales of more than 30 million with 13 platinum or multi-platinum albums. The list of artists influenced by Lynyrd Skynyrd includes everyone from Blues Traveler to Metallica to Montgomery Gentry to Kid Rock.
Sweet Home Alabama – The Country Music Tribute To Lynyrd Skynyrd track listing:
1. “The Ballad Of Curtis Loew” Performed by Eric Church
2. “Simple Man” Performed by Randy Houser
3. “All I Can Do Is Write About It” Performed by Uncle Kracker
4. “Call Me The Breeze” Performed by Shooter Jennings
5. “Four Walls Of Raiford” Performed by Jamey Johnson
6. “Tuesday’s Gone” Performed by Randy Montana
7. “Gimme Three Steps” Performed by Eli Young Band
8. “Sweet Home Alabama” Performed by Ashley Ray